Saturday, May 10, 2008

If You Fall Down Seven Times Get Up Eight

In the spirit of learning through quotes of wise people, here is a quote for today.
Every Failure is a Step Closer to Success
People who try to do something and fail.
Are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed.
Experiencing failure is inevitable on your journey to be successful.
Every defeat is merely an installment to victory.
You'll find that the number of times your succeed is in direct proportion
To the number of times you fail and keep trying.
You won't be judged by the number of times you fail
But by the number of times you succeed.
Failure is nothing but education,
Nothing but the first step to something better.
You can't be a winner and be afraid to lose.

Max Steingart


It has taken me a little while to get myself moving over the last two weeks. I prepared for my home show. I invited other artists to show their wares, invite those they knew. I printed flyers, sent email invites, talked to people. Over two days, around 12 people showed up. The four of us made a total of $510 in sales. Admittedly, two of the four of us sold nothing and I sold the most but still, I count it as a failure.

So I have licked my wounds and now I am back. Failure is but the first step to something better...provided that I learn the lessons. And so I will work at ways to make the next one better. I will again begin focusing on my OurGV business. I move onward and upward. Most of the teaching in todays OurGV training was about not giving up. Taking the falls, leaping towards the possibility of failures so that the successes can start to come.

And if you have run successful home shows then leave me a comment and tell why they worked.

3 comments:

Milan said...

Thats what I believe too. But its certainly not easy to get up, when you have put your heart and soul ;-)

Anil Kumar Verma said...

i also feel the same!!!!great thinking...

http://www.abcofc.blogspot.com

The Minking Than said...

As an entrepreneur trying to build my business from scratch I can identify with your problems. Don't give up. One of the most important traits that can help you move towards success in business is persistence. Try, try and try until you succeed. I respect your spirit in following your passion and hope that you will succeed.